What is FTC Robotics?
FTC stands for FIRST Tech Challenge. The FTC is so much more than a robotics program.It is a community focused on building a better world for tomorrow by engaging middle and high school students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
FTC is about teaching students the value of hard work, innovation and creativity.It goes beyond competition by teaching teenagers the importance of working together, sharing ideas and treating each other with respect and dignity.
Students get to:
- Design, build, and program robots
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $10.4 million in college scholarships